Luxor Day Tours
Explore the most famous archeological sites in the West Bank of the Nile River in Luxor. This side of the Nile was considered by the ancient Egyptians to be the place of darkness, silence and death as they observed that the sun goes down in the west. During the tour you will visit Queen Hatshipsute Temple, the Valley of the Kings and the Colossi of Memnon.
• Our representative will pick you up from your hotel in Luxor, and then start your tour to the West Bank of the Nile River.
• Visit the Valley of the Kings, the ancient Egyptians pharaohs selected this remote ravine as their final resting place to be inaccessible by tombs thieves and easy to guard. the royal necropolis has 62 royal tombs cut into the limestone following a similar pattern having three corridors, an antechamber and a sunken sarcophagus chamber. It has many richly decorated tombs showing the afterlife scenes.
• Then continue on to visit the mortuary temple of Queen Hatshepsut with its unique design in three terraces merging with the sheer limestone cliffs of the mountain as if nature herself had built it. Its walls decorated with scenes depicting the commercial expedition to Punt, the queen’s divine birth and transportation of her two obelisks from Aswan granite quarry to Karnak temple.
• Then proceed to the Colossi of Memnon, massive pair of statues of Amenhotep III which alone have survived from his funerary temple disappeared because it sat on the floodplain of the Nile so the annual inundation water eroded away its all traces over the centuries.
• Lunch at a good quality local restaurant in Luxor.
• At the end of the tour you will be transferred to your hotel in Luxor.
• Pick up services from your hotel in Luxor and return
• All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
• Private English-speaking Egyptologist guide
• Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
• Bottled water on board the vehicle during the tour
• All service charges & taxes