Cairo Day Tours $35 Per Person
Explore the treasures of archeological sites worth visiting in El Minya, located 245 km south of Cairo. The name of the city is derived from its Ancient Egyptian name Men’at Khufu, meaning the nursing city of Khufu. During the tour, You will visit Tel El Ammarna,the capital of Egypt during the reign of Akhenaton at the time of the new kingdom you will also visit Bani Hassan Tombs carved into the high limestone cliffs on the east bank of the Nile River.
– in the early morning, your private guide will pick you up from your Cairo hotel and then you will be driven to El Minya City, located about 246 kilometers away from Cairo.
– Upon arrival at El Minya, you will visit Tal Al Amarna by a motor boat. Tel El Ammarna was selected by King Akhenaton to be the capital of Egypt and a cult center for his god Aton. The area is very romantic because of its silence and peaceful beauty. It is outlined with ruins of temples, palaces, houses plus 25 tombs facing the base of the cliff front.
– continue to visit Bani Hassan tombs, they lies on the eastern bank of the Nile including a group of 39 of rock-cut tombs for the provinces rulers and the high officials during the Middle Kingdom, decorated with scenes depicting everyday life activities such as hunting in the desert, military training and recreation. The most important among them are those that belong to the provincial rulers of the 16th Upper Egyptian nome including (the tomb of Baqet, the Tomb of Amenmehat,the tomb of Khety, and the Tomb of Khnumhotep II) that are currently open to visitors.
– Lunch meal will be served at a good quality local restaurant in El Minya.
– Once you end your tour, you will be transferred back to Cairo.
• Pick up services from hotel & return
• Transfer by a private air-conditioned vehicle
• Private English-speaking Egyptologist guide
• Entrance fees to the mentioned historical place
• Lunch meal at a good quality local restaurant
• Bottled water during your trip
• All taxes & service charges