Cairo Day Tours $35 Per Person
Travel 4000 years back in time to discover the unparalleled archeological heritage of the eternal city of Luxor as it has nearly one third of the world’s monuments. Luxor is one of the seven world heritage sites in Egypt. On this special day tour you will have the chance to Visit the most remarkable landmarks in Luxor on both sides of the Nile River including Karnak&Luxor Temples on the East bank and the Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple and Colossi of Memnon on the West bank.
• Our representative will pick you up from your hotel in Cairo in the early morning, head to Cairo airport to catch your flight to Luxor.
• Visit the Valley of the Kings, a necropolis where for a period of 500 years, tombs were erected for the kings and powerful nobles of the new kingdom. The Valley of the Kings was selected by UNESCO as a world heritage site in 1979. There are 63 royal tombs cut into the rock following a similar pattern having three corridors, an antechamber and a sunken sarcophagus chamber. It has many richly decorated tombs showing the afterlife scenes.
• Visit the temple of Queen Hatshepsut with its unique design – the only temple in Egypt built in terrace formation into the cliff face as if nature herself had built this magnificent temple . The relief sculpture within the temple recites the tale of the divine birth of a female pharaoh first, along with the first commercial trading expedition to the ancient land of Punt (today’s Somalia) to exchange goods and bring incense of good quality used during the religious rituals inside the temples
• visit the two colossal statues of Memnon. They were a part of a compete temple. The rest of the temple disappeared because of Nile inundation. The two statues represent the king sitting on his throne with all signs of royalty.
• Lunch at a good quality local restaurant in Luxor.
•Move on to the East Bank of the Nile River where you will visit Karnak temple, (the largest religious site in the world and the place where all the kings and queens of ancient Egypt found it an honor to build and add a building bearing their names inside this great temple so it was built and modified over more than 2000 years). Everything here is on a gigantic scale. You will marvel at the great hypostyle hall where there is an amazing forest of 134 gigantic columns.
• At the end of the tour you will be transferred to Luxor airport to fly back to Cairo.
• Pick up services from your hotel in Cairo and return
• Private English-speaking Egyptologist guide
• Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
• lunch at a good quality local restaurant in Luxor
• All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
• Bottled water on board the vehicle during the tour
• All service charges & taxes