Cairo Day Tours $111 Per Person
Fly from Cairo to the eternal city of Luxor for two days. On this 2-day tour, you will have the chance to cover most sightseeing of Luxor which has nearly one third of the world’s monuments and is one of the seven world heritage sites in Egypt. You will discover the most remarkable landmarks in Luxor on both sides of the Nile River including Karnak&Luxor Temples on the East bank and the Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple and Colossi of Memnon on the West bank and enjoy sailing in a felucca before flying back to Cairo.
Day 1: Cairo /Luxor Sightseeing Tours
• Our representative will pick you up from your hotel in Cairo in the early morning, head to Cairo airport to catch your flight to Luxor. Upon your arrival, you will be accompanied by your expert tour guide who will take you on a tour to the east bank.
• start your tour to the east bank with a visit to Karnak temple, (the largest religious site in the world and the place where all the kings and queens of ancient Egypt found it an honor to build and add a building bearing their names inside this great temple so it was built and modified over more than 2000 years). Everything here is on a gigantic scale. You will marvel at the great hypostyle hall where there is an amazing forest of 134 gigantic columns.
•lunch in a local good quality restaurant.
• Visit Luxor Temple, its outer part was built by Ramses II and decorated with military scenes narrating his famous battle against the Hittites. There once were 2 obelisks adorning the façade. Only one of them remains standing! The other was transported, in 1819, to La Place de le Concorde in Paris, as a gift to King Philip Louis of France from Mohamed Ali pasha. This temple also houses many columns, statues and various artifacts.
When your tour comes to an end, you will be transferred to your hotel in Luxor to check-in, then free time to relax and overnight stay at Luxor.
Day 2: Luxor Sightseeing Tours/ Cairo
• Visit the Valley of the Kings, a necropolis where for a period of 500 years, tombs were erected for the kings and powerful nobles of the new kingdom. The Valley of the Kings was selected by UNESCO as a world heritage site in 1979. There are 63 royal tombs cut into the rock following a similar pattern having three corridors, an antechamber and a sunken sarcophagus chamber. It has many richly decorated tombs showing the afterlife scenes.
• Visit the temple of Queen Hatshepsut with its unique design – the only temple in Egypt built in terrace formation into the cliff face as if nature herself had built this magnificent temple . The relief sculpture within the temple depicts the tale of the divine birth of a female pharaoh, along with the first commercial trading expedition to the ancient land of Punt (today’s Somalia) to exchange goods and bring incense of good quality used during the religious rituals inside the temples
• visit the two colossal statues of memnon. They were a part of a compete temple. The rest of the temple disappeared because of Nile inundation. The two statues represent the king sitting on his throne with all signs of royalty.
• Lunch at a good quality local restaurant in Luxor.
•sail down the river Nile in a felucca to banana island.
• At the end of the tour you will be transferred to Luxor airport to fly back to Cairo.
• Pick up services from your hotel in Cairo and return
• Private English-speaking Egyptologist guide
• Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
• lunch at a good quality local restaurant in Luxor
• All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
• Bottled water on board the vehicle during the tour
• All service charges & taxes